Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Today's Project Inspiration


Grab this book.

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking 

It will change the way you think about dinner, and home cooking in general.  My goal is to do about 90% home cooking from scratch like Grandma used to do. I think it's a good idea to keep all the preservatives away from the kids.  I would like to do 100% but I'm a realist and I know it's hard to avoid some things.  There would be mutiny afoot if I didn't let the kids have popsicles and the occassional cheetos.

If you get this book swing by Sam's club and get a big bag of flour and a jar of yeast. I also recommend getting some gallon Ziploc bags with the slide closure and dividing the flour up. We keep our extra flour in the freezer so it doesn't go rancid and the smaller bags make it a lot easier to use and store. Just remember to get the extra flour out before you need it. Yeast doesn't seem to like the freezing temps.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment