Sunday, October 11, 2009

Urban homesteading with CHICKENS!!!


Our Little Urban Homestead Will Soon Have Some New Additions (Hopefully):
I called the city and waded through the beaurocrats and finally found out that there are not any official rules to keep us from having laying hens. The rules are actually pretty simple: Fewer than (4) birds, no roosters, and they must be contained. Any complaints from the neighbors will be strongly researched so I was advised to keep them in a fenced coop behind my privacy fence.
I would love to get some banty chickens like a friend of mine used to have when we were little. They are so full of personality!!! Now all I have to do is convince my hubby to agree to the chickens and build a coop. I think he will agree as long as I promise not to let them poop on the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment